View Single Post
Old 10-02-2023, 12:51 PM   #12
dsraven

Re: Has anybody here used a Chassis Engineering bolt-in crossmember on a Task Force?

finally found a pic showing my version of the jack stand mod with threaded rod. this is a mock up and the whole thing got lowered down before the thing got serious because there was still some sway in the stands at that height. you get the idea though.
another thing the pic shows is how I cross braced it before I removed any of the original cross members were removed. an X shape works well for that, somewhere in the middle so it is out of the way when doing work like front end or rear suspension. I also like to set the frame width with some braces before removing any stock cross members. this frame has been fully boxed as well. after sandblasting and filling all the holes that weren't needed. if doing a full box front to rear really think about where all the wiring and brake lines will run and how the cross members will affect placement of that. some builders put the brake and fuel lines inside the boxed frame. nice and clean but not serviceable.
Attached Images

dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote