Thread: 47-55.1 garage pics
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2023, 06:13 PM   #42
R&B51

Re: garage pics

Dsraven, ohboy thanks for heads up on plywood walls. I cut, weld, plasma cut like crazy in there with sparks flying everywhere. I probably been lucky. I do have a little bit of space in there and always working out in the middle of the floor with all that stuff but still the sparks fly a long way.
I bet the reason I got past code on this is it is a detached garage, but I still don’t want it burning up.
I did have them heavily insulate the walls with foam, lay sheet rock up, then heavily caulk it double prime it and double paint it.
That plus the melamine finish on the cabinets maybe help reduce ease of spark combustion? I wonder if that paint film finish provides a little bit of a barrier but I guess a hot spark might burn right through it and hit that wood underneath and I wouldn’t know. This sparks are almost always traveling five or 6 feet before they hit it and I’m not noticing any burn marks.
Comments on avoiding the plywood are wise. At the time, I chose it because builder offered and it was the same price from the builder as the sheet rock and it has been really handy as well. Sure is a lot tougher when you bump into it or hit it and things like that.
R&B51 is offline   Reply With Quote