View Single Post
Old 10-17-2023, 12:38 AM   #1
joallen001

Possible 1951 purchase with pics

I am planning to go look at this truck sometime this week. I have learned a lot on this forum but I figured it was time to make a post to get some feedback before making a commitment. The first two pics on the lift are from about a year ago. The truck has set in his yard since then. From what I have been told it runs and drives fine. He said the first thing he would do to it was update the frontend and brakes. Motor is freshly rebuilt and a new fuel tank in the bed. I have not seen any of the interior.

I am completely new to restoring a truck but it is something I have always wanted to do. Last year I seen him driving the truck and told him if he ever wanted to get rid of it let me know. So here we are! I have no idea what a good price is or what to look for other than rust. The last we talked he wanted around 12k for it. This seems reasonable but then again I have seen a few on marketplace complete for 30-40k. If the 51 is just to old and hard to source parts I’m also a fan of late 60’s and early 70’s.
Attached Images

joallen001 is offline   Reply With Quote