View Single Post
Old 10-17-2023, 09:51 AM   #4
leegreen

Re: Possible 1951 purchase with pics

Welcome to the forum

The big thing I see is the steering box has been moved from behind to in front of the axle but the axle shackles are still in front (I think, hard to see) It will have bad bump steer and maybe why it is sitting.

The trans crossmember looks neatly made, but is not nearly as substantial as the original, the frame may flex at the front cab mounts.

The running boards were shortened or pieced together from 2 pairs by overlapping them, bodged bodywork makes me wonder what is under the primer. The rear cab corners look like they might have been replaced. I'd pay close attention to the condition of the lower door pillars, the cowl near and behind front fenders, the inner kick panels, floor, floor seams.... areas that are harder to repair and lead to cab off major work. Also look at the cab seem under rear window, all around the windshield, around gutters.

Parking brake does not appear to be hooked up
Are there big fat spacers between rear wheels and axle?
speedo cable may be laying on exhaust
heater not hooked up
something weird with wiper motor location and no wiper arms. Motor must be very close to cowl vent and may get in the way

The headlights are fugly

agree with mr48, price is in the range you would expect from what we see +/- 30% or so. running and tarted up a bit without any major changes it would probably sell for more. Status of paperwork to license and drive maters quite a bit.
leegreen is offline   Reply With Quote