Thread: 47-55.1 bump steer
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2023, 01:09 PM   #7
57tailgater

Re: bump steer

On the boxes put in front of the axle I believe most kits use a Saginaw box like ones used in a square body truck or Blazer. The drag link winds up being pretty short which as mentioned before is more susceptible to bump steer. I also assume these kits are designed for stock height suspensions. If you start lowering things either with springs, axle or both your results will vary. The kit with the box in the stock location keeps everything relatively the same as from the factory but lowering will affect this too. I have never seen a cross steer kit available but I have seen only one truck someone converted but the owner had no details as someone else did it. Keeping things parallel and minimizing turning during the suspension travel arc is key for sure. While I have stock steering, I do know a guy who has the box conversion in the stock location and he says it works well. You also may want to research caster as it is pretty low on these trucks stock to help ease the turning effort at lower speeds.
57tailgater is offline   Reply With Quote