View Single Post
Old 10-23-2023, 02:42 AM   #6381
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

140 miles mini road trip yesterday to meet up with two awesome guys.

One a member on here @sammo, and a younger guy who does 1% social media, only FB marketplace to sell stuff.

Spent an hour at least at Sam’s mums place and would happily spend a day working or chatting with him, got to spend time with his Mums cat, and also met his rescued pet tortoise, another cool creature. Bought and loaded some stuff, he kindly gave me some real winter emergency spares too. Thanks Sam.

Then off to Chertsy to meet up with Curtis a builder (construction sort)

How refreshing to chat for an hour with someone who is massively into cars, but has no PB, IG or other Stalker site presence. I just found him while doing a search for something arbitrary and unrelated, realising he also had some stuff I wanted (rarely about need)

I bought some stuff from him and ended up with having to return stuff that did not fit in the back of the com-any wagon as it was a bit bigger than the hole. Also some bits that did fit.

However, more importantly, he declined money for the stuff I had not gone to buy, citing that he was brought up by a step dad who taught him everything he knows in construction as he was employed by him after school and that being honest (he offered to demonstrate the goods I had bought from him, working, there for me) and paying stuff forward always left him with a full Karma bucket.

What a pleasure.

I drove off smiling and thinking that if I had kids, this would be my template.

Back home around 3.3.30pm after leaving at 09.00am

I was just moving the Astro over the street when I saw @nickwheeler waft by in his silver (actually it is grey) Ford Focus.

So I parked the van over the street nd reversed the company car up into the back yard for unloading.

As I was done and moved the Focus back out front, Nick cruised up and parked.

A couple of hours saw him being able to get his weekly quota of pissstaking with me, and no paint was involved.

A good at indeed, wallet somewhat lighter…… for the greater good.

No Astro work done, except unbox my new Hula Tiki.

Life is good.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote