View Single Post
Old 10-28-2023, 03:29 AM   #19
bobinbc

Re: Allow me to introduce Frank!

Jumped to the back of the truck while I wait for parts to arrive for the cab floor. The tailgate had been welded shut sometime in the distant past. That won't work for me, need the tailgate to be operational. Cut the welds without too much trouble but found out why it was welded shut....sigh...I'm really not surprised, oh well easy fix.

Pulled bumper off (heavy) and had to cut all the bolts holding the box(bed?) onto the frame. Luckily all the wood is rotten so no worries about mucking it up! Bright side to everything Pulled the rear wheels and I was able to get the bed off by myself (VERY HEAVY) but just barely, between trying not to wreck it or my 60 yr old back lol SUCCESS now straight to the house for Tylenol and rest on the couch, tomorrow is another day!

Starting to get a little pile of "old truck" as the work continues, tip of the iceberg so far...

A little shot of the carnage underneath

Thanks for all the comments, I'm just trying to clean it up and make it a decent daily driver, I really don't want or intend to get into a full restoration, who has time for that??
Attached Images

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cana...geChevyTrucks/
bobinbc is offline   Reply With Quote