View Single Post
Old 10-30-2023, 06:13 PM   #173
Justin71105

Re: 1964 C10 fleet side swb

Nothing comes close to sway bar, no rubbing from any steering component at all from lock/lock and in between from what I have checked.

Backed out while trying to narrow it down and as soon as I heard it I stopped, got out and began looking at steering linkage, pitman, idler, tie rods etc...

I think the springs are not rotated in the cup fully.

The bottom spring cup has a stop where the end of the coil should be. It is around 2" from this stop right now. Then the upper cup has a D shape it should sit over.

I believe I am hearing the upper part of the spring gwtting caught on this cup and popping over it.

Will find out friday when I compress and spin them to correct position. Have also been told the springs may need to settle even after this.

Every piece of my steering and suspension is brand new so all of it may need a break in period.

Do not hear any strange noises while driving though, anything over maybe 5/8mph. Can take a turn and be good at speed, nothing over bumps etc...

I got my long weekends back so going to tear i to it Thursday after work and hopefully figure something out by Friday sometime. Will check wheel bearing pre load again and coil position.

Last edited by Justin71105; 10-31-2023 at 01:26 PM.
Justin71105 is offline   Reply With Quote