View Single Post
Old 11-07-2023, 08:37 PM   #30
mr48chev

Re: Modify 1960 Chevy front guards for 55-59 bumpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
carfeful there mr48, you'll be hanging fuzzy dice on the rear view soon, haha
I'm keeping the D cups on my 57 GMC bumper, my truck, my frufru.anybody who doesn't like it should look at the truck from a different angle.lol
I outgrew the fuzzy dice and mirror muffs years ago.

Growing up in the PNW in the 50's and 60's locally sold cars and trucks and the modified ones didn't have a lot of extra stuff hung on them as a norm. Local farmers were pretty frugal in the 50's and didn't order frost shields over the windshields or bumper guards but would spend the money on the heavy duty step bumper. I never saw a factory made grill guard like the smash hits from Perry Bumper until I got married in Texas in 1969 and half the trucks in central Texas had some sort of brush guard on the front. They weren't decoration they were because the farmers and ranchers drove them though the brush out on their property.

I don't fault a guy or gal for wanting bumper overriders today though as they do protect the grill. Adding them on isn't customizing in my book though.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote