View Single Post
Old 11-10-2023, 10:32 AM   #231
SuperdaveMN

Re: How many '60 and '61 "Ugly Snout" trucks survive?

So have we figured out how many were made? I've not found numbers on mine but I think I found that in 1960 only 870 of my style were made.

C1504 1960 CHEVROLET APACHE C10 1⁄2 ton 127" wb stepside pickup 283ci V8 2bbl 160hp Trademaster 870

Hagerty just upped the value to $55,000 because it's still a driving unrestored original and I'm pulling the dealer-installed camper out to clean it up and do some light updates too before taking it down Route 66 next year. I am however reading in places that her value may be as much as $80k especially if you factor in the camper.

She's been my daily driver since pulling her out of a barn for $3700 after a 30 year hibernation in 2015 and I've put over 100k on it. I've kept her all original and only needed to flush fluids, replace the brake master, shoes, drums, cylinders, rebuild carburator, radiator, replace the fuel tank and pump, tune it up and flush fluids. I put a rear bumper on, carpeting in and the wheels and tires (still have the original 2 piece steels with new bias ply tires and hubcaps) and other than buffing the paint and a ceramic coating I haven't had to do much more. I figure I put another $4000 into it. In 2018 I lost my winter storage spot and sold her for $18,000 then ended up buying her back 2 years later for $10,000 after the guy needed to rehome her.

I love this truck and it would be really cool to get some more detailed information.
Attached Images

SuperdaveMN is offline   Reply With Quote