View Single Post
Old 11-10-2023, 03:25 PM   #1215
mr48chev

Re: Post your C/L - Facebook finds for everyone to enjoy!

I think that leegreen may have hit on an important point. That truck may not pass inspection in BC and that might be the reason that it is for sale. That is even with a clear title in your name there. It has to pass inspection.

If it was brought to Washington it would have to go through the WSP inspection even with a title and you would have to have a bill of sale for the subframe, bill of sale for the frame and one for the engine plus have the subframe swap welding signed off on by a certified welder. Still that is 13,403.25 at today's (11/12/23) exchange rate making it pretty interesting to someone in the US. I'd build a new dash from what is there that would be a finished version of the dash that I have in my 48 cab now. I was too busy driving it to ever finish it right. The truck does have some possiblities for the next guy or gal if they are looking for more of a driver than a show truck and have the ability to think out of the box a few spaces.

Back a few years ago after the Kindome was knocked down and the new stadiums and Exposition center was built between them I went to the custom car shows that were held in the exposition center and there was a customized RED AD in the PNW that was a full on show truck with just about everything that would unbolt from the chassis chromed and fantastic paint and interior that was stretched about 3-1/2 or 4 inches though the doors and you didn't really notice the stretch on that truck as the bed wasn't shortened so much that it looked wonky. I never saw it at and outdoor show even at Puyallup Goodguys. I don't think the guy ever started it and ran it because that might discolor the chrome exhaust. That truck kind of got me thinking on the strech cab thing though.

I finally decided to use a GMC 1-2-22 125-1/4 wheelbase frame on my stretch cab and stretch the cab 9-1/4 inches through the doors. Then I can run a stock length short bed and and uncut frame along with long bed running boards. That is the reason I have several cabs that I collected over the years sitting around as it is going to be use the cowl off this one and the back and half the roof off that one to get as few filler sections as possible.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote