View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 12:46 AM   #1256
mr48chev

Re: Post your C/L - Facebook finds for everyone to enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
I think its a 500 footer, it looks better from 500 feet away, lol. there will for sure be some new panels required, but if it comes with the title it might be a good start for a guy who wants a full resto under his belt.
mr48, it's only money and you ARE the founding member of the too many projects, too little time and money club. haha.
True there and at my age with the 48, the 71 GMC and the stuff I have for two more planned projects I am way in over my head now let alone buy a basketcase big window that no doubt needs a ton of repair before you can build.

Thing is, a 55/57 Big window is something I have wanted for over 50 years. That was my dream truck when I was in my 20's. I even sold the 48 in 1974 to buy a big window and drove 150 miles to buy it only to get jacked around on it and not buy it and buy the 57 panel with the built to the nines 327 in it.

The list of trucks I've had have been 59 El Camino, 67 C10 long bed, 327 automatic and air with all the 67 bells and whistles, the 48 bought as a 75 dollar go to work truck in 1973. a 64 GMC, 70, C 10 that had been my sons adn the 68/9 that I put the drive train in after I rolled it, the 71 GMC, my 77 dually flatbed that will go up for sale soon Plus OOPs a 74 Chevy Luv that I drove for a year or so. That's just the ones I actually drove for any length of Time. Add in about 20 47/53 trucks, four (I think 67/72) and a couple more non GM trucks including one 55 International that I traded a paint job for.

The only way I could do the 55 would be win the powerball and pay a friend who builds some really nice rides to build it. He has a little shop here in the valley but has received national recognition with one of his builds and built and AD a few years ago that still holds it's own with the best in the country.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote