View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 02:13 AM   #29
mr48chev

Re: Mustang II IFS Ride Quality VS S10 Swap

When you read Joedoe's post number 27 through word for word you see one thing.

His average sale price that gives him a tidy profit is between 13.5 and 15.5. Not high dollar trucks just a heck of a lot of fun for the money for a safely built truck.

Quote "

3. here is the one that will ruffle feathers. I have built and sold about 16 swaps (my memory is fuzzy). if you add up the money from those sales, it probably ECLIPSES even what the big dollar single trucks sell for on Mecum or Barrett Jackson. Avg selling price 13.5k. some a lot more, a few less. X16. $216k. maybe there was a $250k truck that sold. I guarantee I had less in the trucks than that single $250k truck had spent. want to make it all about money? dispute that. I have done this in the time that others have been talking about building their trucks. pauly shore said it, SOTAOT.

That keeps it exactly in perspective, S-10 swaps are great if you aren't going high dollar on the build and aren't starting with a nice original truck. Many that plan to run them want a bagged truck that will lay frame and the homework on that was done in the 90's and all you have to do is check the right boxes.

Still the Long bed S 10's around here were almost all work trucks that spent years running up and down the ditch rows of local fields or belonged to farm workers who drove them until they were so worn out they weren't worth repairing again. 250, 300 or more thousand miles on one isn't unusual. Then you have to rebuild the suspension before you can drive the truck.

Still it comes down to what you want the truck to be and what level you plan to take it to. Under 25K fun truck that you drive a lot? S-10 great, High level show quality truck with a 10K paint job and 10 K interior if you can get it done for that now, go MII or other custom suspension with the original frame unless you go total custom chassis.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote