View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 10:08 AM   #5
rbruno68

Re: Storing Front Clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
I took the entire front clip off and completely apart when I replaced the radiator core support several years ago. My thoughts are that it's simple to disassemble and reassemble, so if you're worried about the fenders having issues, especially if there's some rust in the structure, you'll be better off taking it all apart. It will also give you the opportunity to address any rust issues if you desire to do that.

I only replaced the core support with an aftermarket piece, so I had no trouble at all getting everything lined back up properly. I just took my time and left all the bolts loose until I got everything lined up well.

That is a good point. There are a couple reasons I haven't taken it apart.... yet. First is storage. I am tight for space, so it is easier right now to store it in one piece. Second, my goal for the build is to get it back together and enjoy driving while I continue to work on it and fix things. So, my vision is to put it back on in one piece. Like most of our trucks, it does need rust repair at the bottom of each fender. I did find a bit of rust on the passenger side where it bolts to the bushing. It is not completely rotted so it could go back on as is. I think a lot of what I do with it will depend on time. Yes, it would probably better to fix things while it is apart now, but sometimes I am not very patient.
rbruno68 is offline   Reply With Quote