View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 01:23 PM   #168
TX3100Guy

Re: Eliminate draft tube options

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
well, worst case scenario, they could find a used cap from a scrap engine and machine the flat surface down a little to ensure it is flush and allow a slight bit more metyal to machine in the bore, then line bore that hole round again to size, just so the cutting bit is set so it doesn't also cut the block side of the hole. pretty intricate work and work that a lot of machinists will say is not correct to do. or the bore could be made oversize on the front bore only. or all the bores could be line bored and get oversize bearings, if available. the final option is what most engine shops would want to do I suppose. maybe custom sized bearings are available somewhere. the engine fellas should probably know that since they have been around for a bit.
They have given me Plan A, B, and C options. I wish I understood them all. But these guys are pretty sharp and have thought through my situation. I do know that Plan A involves creating a new end cap from billet material. As for Plan B it sounds a lot like what you described, Plan C wasn't something that I understood.

They also plan on cutting another Woodruff key in the crank and the harmonic balancer due to the supercharger.

My 1953 Chevy Work-In-Process Photo Gallery

"I don't have a carbon footprint, I drive everywhere."
TX3100Guy is offline   Reply With Quote