View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 10:37 PM   #3
dsraven

Re: s10 suspension in an AD pickup.

I think the s10 2wd front end is narrower than the stock AD truck axle if measured from the wheel mounting surface (wms) on both set ups. it seems to me the stock 2 wd S10 was 54 1/2 inches from the wms to wms. if you look up or ask about track width be sure to say what you are looking for because some will say the spec for the center of the tread to the center of the tread and others will use the wms dimension while still others will mention from the backing plates on the brakes. when you use other than the wms dimension then there are factors like different wheel offsets to consider. when you use the backing plate dimension there is the wheel offset plus brake size etc. anyway, also know that the stock s10 rear axle wms is wider than the front wms and the 4x4 rear axle is even wider and then there is the ZR2 models that are wider front and rear. you gotta look up the specs or ask somebody that has one. there used to be a site called gmupfitters that had the specs for the s10 but they fell off the site due to age. I have the printed version someplace. I think the ZR2 models had a wider stance due to longer control arms and possibly different spindles. they were 4x4 though so you likely don't want that stuff anyway.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote