Thread: 69 shop truck
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 03:06 PM   #21
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 69 shop truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagnabbitt View Post
You make it look simple, but that is some great fab work.

Wondering if you plan to seal up the corner entirely? Will you weld that new patch in against the cab corner, seam seal it, or...?
I am not sure how factory did it, but once I get the cab corner repaired I will be sealing it all up. I am not really sure how it closed up originally or if it even did, but I plan to close it all off. It took 2 tries to get the metal laid out correct enough that it would work. Going to reverse the pattern and bend it opposite for the passenger side.

I have a gallon of SPI epoxy here so once I get it all fitted and welded I plan to spray a coat on the entire floor. The underside has really hard undercoating on everything other than what was rusted out. I plan to leave all of that and just spot in the epoxy on the raw metal then probably just recoat the undercoating.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is online now   Reply With Quote