View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 12:45 PM   #213
TX3100Guy

Re: Eliminate draft tube options

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
Maybe. One of the potential issues is that the bearing bore in the cap does not align with the bore in the block. If you are careful you could lay plastigage across the bearing surface as close to the cap parting line as possible to get a reading. If the plastigage is narrower at one end after compressing this may indicate the need for alignhone / alignbore.
That seems to align with the comments from my new engine builder buddy. He was hung up from showing up to take the block yesterday but promises to show up today (he's semi-retired). I'm getting a bit impatient to get this issue addressed, line bored if necessary, and get back to assembling the engine.

My best friend who sold me the truck has been sending me links to small block Chevy engines saying that Summit could delver one to my house in two days....... I really want this engine with the McCulloch supercharger given how unique it will be, but I have admit the small block is getting more tempting as every week rolls by without a solution completed.

My 1953 Chevy Work-In-Process Photo Gallery

"I don't have a carbon footprint, I drive everywhere."
TX3100Guy is offline   Reply With Quote