View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 09:56 PM   #6
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post
Made a few Christmas cookies. My dad is 82 and he LOVES them! Mom always made them at Christmas and he asks for them on his birthday in July and he knows they're gonna be there at Christmas.

RECIPE FOR YOU GUYS:

PECAN SANDIES
2 sticks softened salted butter (use real butter)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp water
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
powdered sugar to roll in after they're baked

With your mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar, vanilla, & water well. Then add the flour & chopped pecans and mix into it forms a ball. Chill for at least an hour. Form into walnut sized balls and bake at 325-350 for about 30-40 minutes until golden brown on bottom. Cool completely before rolling around in powdered sugar. Makes about 40 cookies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I made these. No luck getting over to Lock Doc's in time ; ) so I had to make some myself. They're quick to make and they didn't last long. I like that they only have about a quarter of the sugar of regular cookies and the powdered sugar makes them just sweet enough. Thanks for posting the recipe!

I made a batch of these today. All of the kids were home and they were a big hit. The thing is they are so easy to make that anyone could do it. This was actually the second batch that I have made....

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote