View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 07:14 AM   #21
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: Home gas furnace .. I do not want no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
A heat pump has efficiency on par with old resistance heaters. Only would recommend use in areas with low electricity rates and somewhat mild climates. They have a low heat rise that uses the same amount of power (more with resistance heat added to increase heat rise) as your A/C unit. The SEER on the A/C side has nothing to do with the heat HSPF rating, do not confuse the two. Heat pumps are no more efficient on the heat side than they were 30 years ago. The Technolgy has not changed. My reference, heat and A/C was my career for over 40 years. Even with the elevated gas prices here in California a gas fired heater will cost less to heat a home here.
I can relate to all you say here Richard.. Back in Oregon where I moved from I had a Heat Pump system and it did not pick up heat at all like the gas furnace I have here in Idaho.. I also had wood heat in Oregon and that was the one I believed in the most to get the house heated up fast.. I also had the wood stove connected to my air flow duct system and I would turn on my heat pump fan and it pushed the hot air through out the house .

Last edited by GOPAPA; 04-27-2024 at 08:25 AM.
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote