View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 08:24 AM   #7
Grounded63

Re: Drill Press and Question

I would actually guess 40's. By the 60's most machine tools used more sheetmetal and machined from raw stock components. Rather than cast. The overall design was generally much more squared off also. I have a Delta/Rockwell dual head drill press table. That I'm slowly working on. It's early/mid 50's your drill press looks like its probably somewhat older.

For sleave bearings it's going to be almost the same. Measure the shaft diameter, (where it isn't worn ) the bore diameter, in the bell ends ) and/or sleave OD and length. Search eBay to see if you can find some nos or equivalent size bearings. Possibly a bearing store such as Whisler Bearing. Grainger or McMaster Carr could also be possibilities. I've gotten lucky a few times and found oil impregnated sleeve bearings at Ace that were usable. An electric motor shop should be able to get some or make some. If you have any local manual machinist, should be a non issue for them to make a pair.

But, if it's just excessive end play. It's probably a lot easier to shim the armature some.

Last edited by Grounded63; 05-03-2024 at 10:09 AM.
Grounded63 is offline   Reply With Quote