View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 12:58 AM   #9
samert111

Re: 2/4 or 3/5 lowering Kit with Disc Brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke87gt View Post

I’ve wondered whether you can drop a full 3” with springs and still be able to align the front to spec? I’ve been skeptical of this.
Yes, you can, but that would be the most you can do with springs on the front and keep the front end geometry good. I think anything more with just springs would create some issues with bump steer.

I used a set of CPP springs (2/5) and found that most of the aftermarket front springs would not nest properly in the upper pocket and were rubbing in the upper pocket opening. The OEM springs, the top and bottom coils ends were clocked in-line with each other and every aftermarket spring I tried the ends were clocked 180 degrees from one another, so I cut 1/2 coil off the bottom of the CPP 2" spring which made it a 3" drop spring, problem solved, and the stance was what I was looking for.

I did have to trim the rear bump stops flush to the frame because the rear diff was almost touching the stops at ride height. A 5" rear spring drop is the max I think you can get away with without having to notch the frame.

I used the No Limit rear shock relocation kit which moves the rear shock mount to behind the rear dif and to the outside of the frame rails.
Attached Images

samert111 is offline   Reply With Quote