View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 10:27 AM   #5
verdell

Re: Fuel tank recommendations for holly sniper II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinhit View Post
See that's really the best answer the only thing holding me back is I have my brand new dual exhaust running right through there...

I'm just having a hard time coming to terms cutting the exhaust and maybe turning them out behind the rear wheels...

I know overall it's probably a dumb reason to hold back, but it was just so expensive and then to go and cut it...

But I like your idea and suggestion.. did you get a junkyard used one or did you buy a brand new one somewhere?

I see Holly and others offer retrofit gas tanks all set up for fuel injection but of course they don't have one for a 1960 Chevy... I started wondering if some other year or model that fits behind the seat that they happen to have would work but I didn't play around with the various years and models to see what's out there yet
If I'm not mistaken, Boyd's makes a nice 60-62 frame mounted EFI tank as well. When I was running the small block, this first GM van tank was sourced from the junk yard and it worked fine for years. After I went EFI, I just looked for a EFI GM van tank to replace the carbureted tank I had been running. The newer EFI van tank worked fine but hung a little too low underneath the truck for my taste, so I replaced it with the shallower S10 Blazer tank. Either one of these tanks are really inexpensive at junk yards or can be delivered to your door for less than $130. They can even be found in newer "poly" versions for a little bit more. Straps & sending units are extra.
verdell is offline   Reply With Quote