View Single Post
Old 06-15-2002, 11:31 AM   #11
breeh
Recovering 67-72 Addict

Robert,
The trip was very uneventful which was a good thing. You were right about the leaves in the vents. I got going down the highway at about 60 mph and decided to open a vent and got barraged with leaves and crud. It got in my eyes and I couldn't see. The cab which was clean, was now very dirty.

The truck is nice. I am happy with it. Rust free means different things to different people. I crawled underneath when I picked it up and the rocker rust was repaired with fiberglass. So it is just like every other one I have seen as far as where the typical rust begins.

In the glovebox I found the "For Sale" sign that the owner had on the truck (I did indeed buy it from a wholesaler). He was asking $3,450.00! The wholesaler was hoping to get $7000.00 from the auction. The guy that I was bidding against e-mailed me and asked if I would sell it to him for a profit. I had to decline.

The truck needs some TLC on some little things but all in all it is a sharp truck.

"Friends call me cruzer cuz I like fast cars and fast women"
breeh is offline   Reply With Quote