View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 03:23 AM   #3
Chuck73080

Re: '66 C30 Restomod Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken View Post
It looks nice but one wonders why the floormat wasn't pulled and the inside floor not blasted and painted in the first link. Same with the underside of the cab and frame, etc.
It's nice to see a one ton dually no less getting some attention.
I'm not sure why he didn't pull the mat and do the floor, he bought the truck about a year before he had Tony paint it. There was some surface rust just above the sill plates, so I just wanted it to get taken care of now, while everything else is getting done. With 62,000 original miles I thought it was a good deal.

My wife thinks it's ugly, but I just wanted an old truck (hate the new stuff) to play with. I went way overboard with the engine, but am gonna try to talk her into a Retro style 5th wheel like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9FnHMu2BCc

Grey and light blue would look good.

We're going to glam the truck up a bit to make her happier. I asked her tonight if she would drive the truck and she replied she "doesn't like stick shifts, trying to balance gas and clutch on a hill".

I told her "all you have to do is put it in first and let out the clutch". Let that 7.05 first gear do the work.

Last edited by Chuck73080; 02-05-2021 at 03:34 AM. Reason: grammer
Chuck73080 is offline   Reply With Quote