View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 11:53 AM   #3634
Killer Bee

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Do you guys have pending legislation to outlaw gas powered stuff?
2021 – Assembly Bill 1346 (Berman, Marc), Small Off-Road Engines (Chaptered)

Summary

Requires CARB, by July 1, 2022, consistent with federal law, to adopt cost-effective and technologically feasible regulations to prohibit engine exhaust and evaporative emissions from new small off-road engines, as defined by CARB. Such regulations must apply to engines produced on or after January 1, 2024, or as soon as CARB determines is feasible, whichever is later. The bill requires CARB to identify and, to the extent feasible, make available funding for commercial rebate or similar incentive funding as part of any updates to existing applicable funding program guidelines for local air districts to implement, to support the transition to zero-emission small off-road equipment operations.

however CARB is waaay to busy mismanaging the ACF rules.. multiple testing rollout delays, poor communication, lack of clear instruction, etc.

Advanced Clean Fleets Regulation Summary
Accelerating Zero-Emission Truck Markets

at least this part is working - CTC registration fee collection for NST compliance will be strictly enforced in 2023

Clean Truck Check (HD I/M)

By December 31, 2023, vehicle owners need to complete reporting of their vehicles in the Clean Truck Check database and pay a $30 per vehicle 2023 annual compliance fee. CARB estimates that periodic testing requirements will start in July 2024.

that July 2024 date has already been pushed to January 2025