View Single Post
Old 12-29-2023, 11:59 PM   #25
NDM

Re: Bucketlist Blazer -Restomod build 6.6liter L8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolo View Post
Great looking Blazer BTW...2wd or 4wd, I would recommend driving it with the new motor in it, if you can with least amount of effort. I did the 2wd conversion, with mostly gm parts, cross member, trailing arms etc, sold the 4 x 4 parts. 10 plus years later value wise the 4 x 4 would be worth more IMO...It's your ride and you get to decide on what works best for you. I'm back to working on mine TBI is gone, fixing some 1/2@ss work I had done previously and some other improvements.
Thanks!
I am basically trying to save all the 4x4 parts for just that reason. I know that the market fluctuates a bit. I have been and want to continue to daily drive it. I was looking for a 2wd but the market was bonkers for 2wd $$$$$$. I found this 4x4 and figured I would immediately convert to 2wd and LS swap it. Well I kind of grew to like the height. I absolutely hate the leaks though. My 76 Buick was a leaky bastard originally too but I LS swapped it and did the 6l90e. It does not leak a single drip of anything and I have no regrets. It is fast as hell and with the 6 speed, it is buttery on the highway.

The more I research keeping 4x4, the more I realize that it will cost so much more to keep it 4x4 and do it right. So for now, I will plan to just install the 6.6liter and holley terminator x max with the factory th350 and 4x4 gear. As soon as I figure out the 2wd stuff, I will swap it. If I can figure it out soon, I will go with perhaps lifted 2wd with the 6l90e to keep it at the current height.
I am pretty sure that it will keep me satisfied for at least a few years until I stabilize my work situation and move forward with big changes (Autcross style or Pre-runner style). I can see myself enjoying a smooth buttery ride with gobs of power available.

I have driven mostly 2wd vehicles for most of my life (Minus my military years). I am perfectly happy doing so. One thing is for sure, the resale aspect is not for me. That will only be for those that sell my Blazer after I kick the bucket. This thing is staying with me until I am gone!
NDM is offline   Reply With Quote