View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 03:17 PM   #8
cj847

Re: Brake drag and booster/MC rod adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post

Looks like most or many boosters have adjustable pushrods (MC side). The one installed in my truck has a removable pushrod but it most definitely is not adjustable. My MC has a "slug" installed in the cavity of the piston to convert it from manual to power configuration and it too isn't adjustable ( see pics ).

The diagram above shows an adjustable booster pushrod. Since my booster doesn't have this feature, where do I adjust the length of this to remove MC preload being introduced by the booster rod?

pictures are as follows: booster pushrod and master slug

-klb
Caution: May not be the best idea ever but worked for me.

I had your exact situation. I found you could order about 3 lengths of push rod, but none would have been a drop in fix. What I did (as it is difficult/impossible to grind the proper length and shape onto the rod with just a grinding wheel) was stack some washers on the mounting bolts on front of the booster. This held the master cylinder out just enough to eliminate the drag.

Note: I ordered and used the special measuring tool and also measured my washers with a micrometer to keep them the same distance side to side. There is a fine line between not enough space and too much space.
cj847 is offline   Reply With Quote