Old 06-16-2021, 09:53 AM   #603
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
Vic they’re pretty easy to change if you have the right pin tool
I ran into that with my TPI
Let me know and I’ll send you a tool or talk you thru it
Put the tool into the notch and the pin will pop out after you remove the white lock on the connecter
Thanks, Jim. I have a set of pin tools (some flat, some round) I've used to disassemble weather pack connectors, etc. It hadn't occurred to me to do that with the connector I have ordered, but that would be preferable to splicing the wires.

I've been busy mocking up the dual quad setup and rearranging wiring. Seems like every time I turn around there's something I need to tweak. The choke mounted TPS is meant for a Holley carb and while the FST carb electric choke looks exactly like a Holley, it's not. Same goes for the progressive linkage - meant for Edelbrock carbs so the rods are a bit too short for my setup. Kathy will pick up the stainless rod I need today so I can make new pieces. But it's coming together.

I'd ordered a MSD Atomic trans controller only to find the TCM and harness were both on backorder until sometime in July. Cancelled both orders and got a Painless Perfect Torc setup. It arrived yesterday and so far, I'm impressed. As you'd expect, the wiring is top notch and the controller features are awesome. I don't know for sure yet, but it may actually work with the Lokar Electronic Sport Mode shifter I have to allow manual upshifts and downshifts. I emailed them to be sure their paddle shifter feature would work with a 4L60E type transmission. I know it would with the fully electronic 4L80E but I've read the 4L60E requires some sort of modification.

Will post some photos when I have a bit more progress to report.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote