View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 07:25 PM   #621
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by regan wilson View Post
That looks awesome Vic. You know I'm kinda fond of dual carbs.
Thanks, Regan, I think I'm gonna like them too.

IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! (Video link below)

Today I input all the parameters for the transmission and the ignition boxes, programmed the fan controller and the throttle position sensor. I also set the high and low fuel pressures and checked for leaks (just one fitting I'd failed to tighten fully). Then it was time to bust it off. Per the FST carb instructions, I gave the throttle two pumps and turned the key to start. Instant happiness. It fired up like it had been on the road for months. I let it warm up and adjusted the idle down then waited until the temp got high enough to trigger the low fan. Everything seems to be working. I ran the trans thru PRND and it felt good and solid. Trans pressure on the new gauge was reading around 250 psi. The AFR gauge was reading about 11 at idle. Once I get it on the road, I'll have a better idea of whether I need a jet change. Right now I'm pretty impressed with the way the carbs worked right out of the box. Also, the MSD, Painless and Dakota Digital electronics all worked great.

Tomorrow I plan to recalibrate the speedometer and check in with Hot Rod Express. Still need to get the A/C charged up and working. I'll sleep a lot better tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdHkGkoo_ws
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas

Last edited by Vic1947; 07-06-2021 at 08:20 AM.
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote