View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 04:26 PM   #81
realvc

Re: 1962 stepside project by realvc

Yesterday I was able to get the front cross member and suspension back off the 82.
Which meant I had to move the jeep and the vette outside. I set the 82's parts aside and brought the 62's suspension back in and bolted it under the 82 so it could be moved around.

When I let it down the torsion bars were less than two inches off the floor. It would not go back on the lift with them being that low. When I tried to pull it outside as soon as the front wheels cleared the shop door the torsion bars started gouging into my concrete floor. After pondering the situation for a while I decided to jack up the front of the truck and while it was in the air I stuck a 4X4 chuck in between the lower a frame and the cross member on each side.

When I let it down off the jack it could be moved where ever I wanted it so I put back on the lift and parked the vette back under it with the jeep back inside.
This took the biggest part of the day but now I'm ready to tear down the disc. brake suspension, rebuild it and install it on the 62.

No pics. of this progress. It would be all the same stuff in different locations in the shop and the yard.

The reason I keep everything in shop is because if I set in the yard a clock starts ticking about how long it will be there. It doesn't bother me but my wife doesn't have the same appreciation for this stuff as I do. So for peace in family everything stays in the shop until I'm ready to send down the road.
Galatians 6:14
62 SWB stepside, 94 Wrangler, 99 Z71, 99 vette

My Project http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=719086
"If it's too loud, you're too old"
realvc is offline   Reply With Quote