View Single Post
Old 12-17-2023, 10:11 PM   #33
dsraven

Re: Eliminate draft tube options

Pretty much gotta pull the valve cover to release the rocket arms and pull the pushrod so the lifters can be lifted up enough to get the cam lobes past the lifters. It may seem like a big overwhelming job but you just need to look at it as a bunch of little jobs placed back to back. Take stuff apart in sequence and place the parts in order of disassembly in cake pans, cookie sheets, cardboard boxes etc. Whatever you have that's clean and handy. I use a rag in the bottom so parts cant roll around and get mixed up. Remember that lifters wear to their cam lobe so keep those in order for sure. Same for pushrod in the lifter end and the rocker end so keep those oriented correctly and in order. Bolts are bolts but some may be specific lengths so always good to keep stuff set up in their order of disassembly. Have a large enough area set for storage so you can get the order of storage in sequence. Otherwise just think your way through and ask questions if you get stuck.
I still only use "the right stuff" sparingly. I also use a product called gasket eliminate which is made for a metal on metal seal. Still, if there is a gasket made I would rather use that. Cork gaskets are not high on my list of great items. Neoprene or formed silicone is good. Paper is usually better than cork in my book. Of course there will be those that disagree, lol.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote