View Single Post
Old 12-19-2023, 12:10 AM   #48
TX3100Guy

Re: Eliminate draft tube options

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
don't think of your leak repair as a dreaded thing, just start and keep plugging along, soon you wll have it all figured out and if it has to come apart then just start the repair and take it a step at a time. soon you will be done and waiting for the sealer to dry so you can start it up again. i was gonna suggest to ask around if anybody you know has a snake camera that you could borrow but I was beat out, lol.
oh, and post your progress pics.
Words to live by!

Amazon should deliver the dye tomorrow, but they've been running late in the day due to so much holiday shopping. I'm guessing that I will input the dye on Wednesday morning, use the bore scope to confirm our collective opinion that its coming from those two lower timing cover bolts.

I suspect that most of Wednesday will be spent disassembling everything I need to remove to get to the timing cover. Based on my last attempt at removing the oil pan, that may be a Thursday task.

Funny, while I've been dreading starting this project, now I'm itching to get started (and done). Photos for sure as the work progresses.

My 1953 Chevy Work-In-Process Photo Gallery

"I don't have a carbon footprint, I drive everywhere."
TX3100Guy is offline   Reply With Quote