View Single Post
Old 08-18-2023, 03:09 AM   #2
spacedebris

Re: Suburban/Panel Rear Bumper

Not a modified stock bumper. But my brother is a great fabricator, we took an "Iron Bull" bumper from a mid 70's Gmc and modified it to fit. I'm sorry I have no pics as the truck is currently in storage with a family member in another state. But when assembling my Panel, I decided that if there was any kind of accident, I wanted the other vehicle to take damage, not mine. So we installed armored bumpers front and rear. It took months of searching images online to find the type of look I was looking for. I wanted something rugged without looking like I was building a rock crawler. I finally settled on one that had all the angular panels rounded off a bit so it looks sort of like someone made a stock looking bumper out of 3/8th inch plate and reinforced it. Also, I needed something a little stouter than stock as we also installed a swig away spare tire mount attached to the bumper. Its obvious that it is not stock but at a glance it does not draw attention, which is what I was going for.
1960 c30 Apache Panel w/ '95 cummins bt6 turbo diesel (work in progress) NOTE: due to photobucket trying to extort money my photos are temporarily unavailable. currently looking for alternative to fix issue.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=523009
spacedebris is offline   Reply With Quote