View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 10:40 PM   #44
AJs72K5

Re: AJs 72 Pavement Pounder build

Tranny is a Monster Transmission's SS Mega Monster 700r4...built for 650HP I also order a fully rebuilt NP241 from them. They replace just about everything except the case and use Morse chains.

I managed to get a lot of good "shop time" in this weekend. All of the major pieces are on hand and I started prepping for the install. First order of business was to unwrap all the hardware:

700r4

NP241

JB conversions SYE...found it on ebay NIB for $200!! Corrects the major weakness of the NP241.

Next step was to finish all the plumbing on the brake system upgrades I'd been working on. I got the master cylinder lines bent and installed. Now I just need to bleed the system.

This next pic may seem a little out of order. But, there's a method to the madness. Installed some diff armor from Ruffstuff...D44 front cover, 14FF rear cover and a diff cover bracket for the rear brake line splitter.

Installed the rear cover and bracket and rebent my lines since they're centered on the diff cover now

It was time to tackle the the 241 and the SYE. Now, I've always been the guy who liked to take things apart to see how they worked. But, it was a little scary to think about splitting open my brand new 241 and tear it apart. No fear!! Must make progress. Propped it up on some of the packing foam and started.

HOLY @#$%!!!! Completely torn down. Looks like the tcase vomited all over the floor.

Almost finished assembly. Dinner called so it was time call it a day and go home. All that's left is to do on the 241 is button up the case and put the speedo housing back on.

More to come in the next few days.

Gray Matter Build - 1972 K5 with some stuff
AJs72K5 is offline   Reply With Quote