View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 10:01 AM   #9
Gumby83

Re: 1965 C10 - Turbo LS Ratrod

After the front end was all together, i focus'ed on the cab (was tired of being under the truck constantly). I decided to Sound deaden the ever living hell out of it, and mount the computer and my regulator. after that was done, i got a phone call for my engine block. I quickly gave it a scrub adub dub, (all the galleys, anywhere metal could of gotten) and painted it up. then started on a journey of discovery and self inflicted OCD. I never built a engine before, i read about it, watched videos. talked to professionals and even bought a book which turned out not to be really any help over what i already knew. but i got the tools and went ham. First off was assembling the rods and pistons (Summit ProLS, -11cc dish pistons, 6.125 rods to go with their 3.622 crank), then file-fitting the rings. went with .028-.030 on the top ring and .030-.032 on the bottom ring. after that was all good, i ended up deburring the oil galleys that fed the cam bearings, then started hammering away on the bearings. I ended up mangling a bearing and had to order another set, along with a better cam bearing installing tool. then it was measuring for main bearings and rod bearings. i ended up going half and half (one std size and one oversize) to get to .0025~ on the rods and ~.0027 on the mains. Then it was time for the goodies to go in. BTR Stage 2 Turbo Camshaft, Melling 10296 oil pump, ATI Super Dampner, set of Trickflow 225 GenX CNC heads w/ Titanium Retainers, Johnson Axle Oiling Link-Bar lifters, Smith Brothers .116 wall pushrods (built to length), Comp Cams Ultra Gold 1.72 Roller Rockers and capped off with a Fast LSXRT intake, plumbed for direct port methanol injection from Pro Meth.

Gumby83 is offline   Reply With Quote