View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 09:13 AM   #1597
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

My wife decided it was a good time to rip out the carpet out of our boys' room so I could lay down some laminate in there. I knew it was coming. She bought some lightly used stuff removed from a sold remodeled house this spring. It is currently stored in the covid hut I built for the kids last year. It will be hard for them to use that this winter if this is still full of flooring. And if anyone is using it for storage, it'll be me. I'll just make a mini man cave out of it. Haha

On Sunday I got all but one small row done in the boys' room. Monday my wife decided she hated the kitchen floor and we should replace it too. Yeah, I also knew this was coming. I laid down some peel and stick tile in there last fall and it sure didn't last. The stuff stuck just fine but it chips easy and looked awful.

I cheated when I laid that stuff down and left the original layer of laminate vinyl and the foam that was there. It was laid down first then everything set on top of it. This time I ripped out all the old and scrapped the floor. It's all done now except for trimming the trim below the cabinets.

Next is the gate for the stairs leading to upstairs she wants made. I asked her, "I really can't do this stuff in winter lady?"

That reminds me about the Blackstone she got too....... She purchased one online and it was only $100. I thought it was very strange but I didn't say anything. Maybe I am learning. Needless to say it never showed up. My wife knew my Dad had one he hadn't used for a long while so she has me hit him up about it. He ended up selling it to us and that meant olé Ryan was wire wheeling the top of this unit so it could be used. I even did the bottom and then painted the bottom and top edges with high heat paint to try to keep it from rusting back. 8-10hrs later she was able to season it. No wonder I can't get any work of my own done. She loves cooking on it and she can cook things faster on it so it wasn't all bad.

When I picked up wood for the gate project, I had to cringe. No wonder wood is so expensive here. Or, this has to be part of it. They ship this stuff in from New Zealand? That can't be cheap. There most likely was no shortage the last half a year. The stuff was probably on ships waiting to be off loaded and delivered.
Attached Images

1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote