View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 01:53 PM   #78
SCOTI

Re: 1965 C10 LWB Project Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIL View Post
Exactly! I want to keep the truck drivable as I work through my list of projects.

At some point, I'll have to take the truck off the road long enough to gut the interior to fix the rusty floor pans and cab supports. That will be my opportunity to repaint the interior, soundproof, replace the carpet, etc. The first step in that process will be relocating the fuel tank.

But, the fuel tank relocation won't happen until I'm ready to pull the bed off the frame to clean up the back half of the chassis.

That won't happen until I get the front end rebuilt and converted to power disk brakes.

So, the speaker location is only temporary. I figure it should only take 10-15 years to move the speakers to their permanent location behind the seats.
My speed it seems as well. That being said, I know this about myself & why I'd be hiding them under the seat pedestals or something along those lines.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote