View Single Post
Old 07-18-2023, 08:23 AM   #99
JohnIL

Re: Fan Shroud Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
Allow me to help solve your mystery radiator. The previous owner of your truck did the same garbage that the previous owner of my truck did. Hacked the frame rails to fit the 63-66 v8 radiator into the inline 6 location. You currently have a inline 6 upper radiator mount that has been bent up to make the v8 radiator fit.

The inline 6 radiator sat between the frame rails and had some shrouding between the radiator and the core support. There was no fan shroud since the fan was basically next to the radiator.

The v8 radiator, and optional heavy duty radiator for the inline 6s sat on top of the frame rail up against the core support. The v8s used a short water pump and shroud with the side baffles to mount the shroud.

You shouldn't have a problem with what you came up with, so I wouldn't worry about trying to change things unless you just wanted to make it look more original again.
Very interesting. Thanks for the information. So, the V8 radiator actually sat higher in the truck and used different mounts? That would explain why the current mounts fit so poorly.

Build Thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=838676
JohnIL is offline   Reply With Quote