View Single Post
Old 09-17-2022, 02:27 PM   #11
HWY-STAR

Re: '70 C3500 SRW w/Alaskan Camper

I thank you very much Mr-K for the congratulations.
I would have liked to pay less but, I feel very fortunate just to have the chance to purchase this particular truck. I have been chasing one like this for fifteen years. The ones I did find were sold as I waited in line to make the purchase.
Money comes and goes but the truck will still be here.
I plan on getting the interior, badges/emblems and anything else back to original. I thought about converting to front disc brakes but I am having second thoughts on that one as it it is not original to the truck. The po just made a road trip to the high mountains over 9000 ft and the brakes performed with no issues. So disk is a big ???????
Any thoughts on the swap i would be very grateful.
I also plan on using the truck and camper for what it was built for. Will not be a garage queen but will be very well cared for and not abused or changed. Well, a tack will go in.
I am looking forward to the fly in and drive out road trip. 1600 miles from Tucson to Rochester mn. I wish I had the funds and time to go parts shopping in the desert. That would be fun.

The interior of the truck is 623 gold custom cloth trim, on the spid. I will be on the hunt for these parts including dash pad, door panels and seat cover, maybe more I won't know until I pick the truck up. Just a heads-up in case anyone reading this could help me out.

Yeah the WIW thread is somewhat useless. I see items on there with 1000 or more viewers with one or two replies. I believe everyone has some kind of number in there head but don't post it for some reason. I think it should be changed to--what would you pay--- as with anything it's only worth what you can gat for it. Just my opinion.
71 Cheyenne c20 350/350 all original except seat cover-SOLD
1970 GMC 3500 SRW 350 4 speed-FOR SALE
72 c-30 bb 4 speed dump bed
72 k-20 4x4 350/350 patina rat rod---sold
80 chevy p20 aluminum step van 350/400 12 ft cargo
62 parts car & 63 project nova, 4 door 6 cy
74 Honda cb 360 only 4000 miles
HWY-STAR is offline   Reply With Quote