View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 03:26 PM   #1562
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
*No Paul, I'd hate to see you do that. Don't sell your TV, just try laying down or standing up. My dad, in his later years, had a thing about lying on the floor in front of the TV. If you gave him a $10,000 chair he'd still lay on the floor. The TV didn't kill him, diabetes did

* I hope it's not too soon to match your humor. Look for comfort in all this but also let the grief run through, because it's there and needs out.
I don’t think using humor in a tragic situation can come too soon. If you can make someone in pain smile or chuckle. How can that possibly be a bad thing? Or even saying funny things to help yourself through dark times. It’s a way of coping and keeping your chin up. A smile and a laugh can’t come fast enough when you are hurting. I don’t think it’s insensitive. Because what is the alternative? To cry in your beer? That's not going to help or change anything.

Bad things happen and we all have had to deal with that. I think our lost loved ones would rather see us happy than sad. I know that if I passed that I would want to see the people in my life happy.

Except my ex wife. Screw her.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote