View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #109
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Not much to report. I've been sick the past week so no progress other than having alot of time for planning and researching.

I've decided to cup the lower control arms to get the bags into their design height at ride height. I've noticed alot of trucks running upper plates and lower cups with larger bags like my D2600's don't have enough heigth for the bag to be properly extended at ride height. Cupping the LCA's will gain about 2.5" more bag height than using bag cups in the factory spring pocket. I've found a pair of LCA's locally so I don't have to cut up the original LCA's. This mod should gain a better riding and handling truck.

I'm also planning on tearing the frame back down to paint and detail it. The powdercoat wasn't applied thick enough in places, especially around brackets and tight areas- thin enough that its already getting a thin coat of surface rust in places. I can spot blast the thin spots, then prep and paint the frame with a few coats of low gloss black enamel. I've been very impressed with Valspar's Tractor and Impement enamel for it's durability and finish quality so I'll pick up a gallon and hardener from Tractor Supply. I know its just going to be a driver, and it should be low enough that nobody's going to be looking under it but I'm more concerned about the frame being protected properly. I'll paint the bed floor strips insted of getting them powdercoated since I haven't been real happy with the quality of work I've seen from our local powdercoater lately, including the truck frame.

It's alot more work but it'll be worth it once it's all back together.
Posted via Mobile Device
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote