View Single Post
Old 11-06-2023, 08:02 PM   #3
Orange Crate

Re: Feds close Moab trails

I read a little on this yesterday. It looks like the original lawsuit was in 2008 and a settlement was reach in 2017 and this is the results of that settlement. Blue Ribbon Coalition and Colorado Offroad Trail Defenders have already appealed the decision. I was out there in March and it was crazy busy with "sand fleas". I spoke with a few people out there about the amount of off road traffic. There are a LOT of people that rent off road machines that have absolutely no idea what trail etiquette is. I complained loudly at the time because it is dangerous in certain situations. Like letting someone on the trail coming in the opposite direction know how many people are in your group, people coming uphill have the right of way, backing up if you are coming downhill on a narrow trail. Warning other people of a hazard coming up in the trail. Thinking EVERY corner is an opportunity for a rooster tail. It was crazy so I left for a different area south of there. Really, it was just too busy for me.