Thread: 47-55.1 V8 Swap
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM   #45
dsraven

Re: V8 Swap

I suggest to remove the old engine and test fit the bell housing on the cross member first, just to see how it fits. use some new rubber mounts. then you can decide to either bolt it up and then lower the engine in to fit up against that or remove the bell housing from the cross member and bolt it up to the engine and lower the whole thing into place as a unit. I suggest to also place the new engine into the space without exhaust manifolds attached for ease of access and then set the engine and bellhousing on the rear cross member at the rear and a stck of 2x4 blocking at the front so you can safely bolt the bell housing down and also see what you have for room to allow side mounts and exhaust in the same area but also allow the steering shaft room. if you could borrow a set of manifolds from somebody for test fitting that would possibly save some cash in case they don't fit. I have seen some hooker branded manifolds that hug the block a little better but that may make the engine mounts a little tight for access. you could always do front mounts though
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote