Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2022, 02:38 PM   #102
CSHADES

Re: project 39

i have been putting off ordering a radiator for the 39 because it needs to be custom because of the nailheads lower hose location. or so i thought. after thinking about it i decided there was no real reason i couldnt use a premade one for sbc 39-40 truck. i would just have to do some fab work on getting the lower hose from one side to the other. so saturday morning after the new radiator came i proceeded to install it. the first problem i had was it sat way to high in the saddle. i pulled it back out and drilled some new mounting holes up about 2 inches which dropped the rad right where i wanted it to be. i ran into town and bent some exhaust tube for upper and lower hoses. the upper worked out great but the lower would not cooperate the direction i needed it to go on the radiator end. i needed 2 90 degree bends close together. i played around a bit with it and came up with the idea of some mandrel bent ss tubing that i can cut and weld in the direction i want. so i ordered them and should have them by this weekend. i did have to trim the lower baffle to make the radiator fit, so i will have some finish work to do on it. i ordered the a/c condensor so i can fit that. i also decided i would get a mandrel bent top hose instead of using the one i bent so it looks cleaner. yes i am going to paint the radiator black when i am finished with the mock up.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote