Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 03:28 PM   #122
CSHADES

Re: project 39

yes the motor is a 401 buick but the air cleaner is a repop caddy that i added a off set base to move away from the front. i glad you guys are liking this project. i was looking at the a/c hoses and and had a thought about the a/c compressor belt and adjustments. i went to put the belt on and when i was moving the compressor it was forcing the hoses to bend the inner fender where the 2 ports come through so i ended up making a couple of different hoses for the compressor. it wasnt a big deal because i didnt have anything crimped yet. last night i marked all of the hoses/ends with paint marker and removed them for crimping. the big thing i worked on for the weekend was chopping the windshield frame. if you have read the last few posts you know that i did find a new windshield frame kit and bought it. it a bit more money than i had planned on but what can you do? i was a bit hesitant about cutting it so i decided to start with one that was a bit crusty and if it didnt work i wasnt out anything but if it did work i would repeat the process. it actually cut nice and went back together nice. so i decided on sunday to repeat the process on the new one after talking to my uncle that is going to TIG weld it for me. the chrome guys perfer that it is tigged. the cut and tacking it back together went well but when i stuck it in the opening it really wasnt well. so i spent most of the day monday tweaking and modifying the frame, hinges and the opening. i needed to get the thing welded this week so i can get a glass pattern made and the frame over to the chrome guy in hopes i have it back in april.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote