View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 08:56 AM   #37
Chaparralman1974

Re: My 1967 Chevy K20 Build Thread

1/24/2023
Springs Done and New Engine Parts!
I got a call from Dunbar Springs saying that my springs were ready to be picked up. They ended up being more expensive than I was originally quoted, but I think that they turned out ok. I had them completely rebuilt with all new bushings, spring bolts, etc. Additionally, I had them re-arched to 1” over stock to allow for a slightly corrected stance on the truck when all done.
Today I also ended up finding a great deal on a 327 motor. This 327 had been rebuilt, but somehow water got into the motor and messed things up a bit. All in all, the block is in great condition! I am hoping that all the cylinder bores will need is a good honing, but at most I am thinking that it will only have to go .040 over bore. The heads are basically brand new. They are 1.94/1.50 64cc 3947040 castings that are the same as the coveted “Camel Hump” heads. From what I understand, these heads were only used for about 2000 miles and were swapped out in order to provide for a later model serpentine belt setup. They are in excellent condition and are “bolt on ready”. This should save time and money down the road when I get the motor rebuilt.
Attached Images

Build Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=841272
Chaparralman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote