View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 07:58 AM   #98
special-K
Special Order

Re: Lets see your garage

Nice to have that rear door. That'll be handy. I hate that dirt splash on new construction. A weird peeve of mine. I spread straw. You just need to get something growing there. and nice shop!

Hey Wun Ton, you're not far from me. Might be small but beats a blank. Gotta do what you can. I'm jealous of these huge shops, but honestly, I don't want so much open air. I'll have a high spot for a lift, but the rest of the ceiling with be only as high as it needs to be. I also hope my next place will have room for a parking garage and a work shop. I also want a machine shed for the junk and a storage building. I have a plan for the next place!

I just built something smaller and am very excited to have it. Only 12'w x 20' deep. Just enough to tuck my K2500 under there. I wanted bigger but decided on this to at least have something, I won't be here long enough to build a shop, and the small building will add value to the buyer. Sometimes the huge shop/small house is a negative. Not for me, but the general market. You can overbuild a property. I built this thing to compliment the vibe of the old house the same as Jesse built his to go with his house, and suits the neighborhood better.

This is the only picture I have until I can figure out how to get pictures onto my new computer. It was going to be "at least a carport". But so far I have finished the front out for a 9' wide door and finished out a wall with windows facing my yard (and the wind). I completed this side, trimmed, and painted it. That's all till next year. The open side gets the afternoon sun.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-20-2019 at 09:04 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote