View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 12:38 PM   #99
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: Lets see your garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Nice to have that rear door. That'll be handy. I hate that dirt splash on new construction. A weird peeve of mine. I spread straw. You just need to get something growing there. and nice shop!

I just built something smaller and am very excited to have it. Only 12'w x 20' deep. Just enough to tuck my K2500 under there. I wanted bigger but decided on this to at least have something, I won't be here long enough to build a shop, and the small building will add value to the buyer. Sometimes the huge shop/small house is a negative. Not for me, but the general market. You can overbuild a property. I built this thing to compliment the vibe of the old house the same as Jesse built his to go with his house, and suits the neighborhood better.
That was planned from the start, I don't want to play musical cars if I don't have to and my existing garage is orientated the same way and gets an awesome pull through breeze if the front and rear doors are open. The other side of the back wall will be the staircase to the storage area.

Funny you should mention resale... my neighbor across the street has their house up for sale. They only bought it 3 years ago and I think they paid top dollar for it. Will be interesting to see how quickly it sells with my huge mess right across the street. Homes in my immediate area are selling in days/weeks still (top school district helps).
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote