View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #51
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Well made a little bit of progress today. Cleaned up the garage enough to get the green 72' inside. I have a freind coming over Thursday to help me get it running. I went and got all new cap, rotor, points and condenser to put on it since it is not firing. Spent 50 bucks at Napa and put it all on. Got done and still no fire. Have not messed with points in over 25 years so out the book came. Figured coil was bad, but instead of throwing more parts at it I figured I would do the process. Long story short, I pulled the cap back off so I could bump it over to open the points for a coil power test and noticed that the points are not opening at all. The distributor looks almost brand new but the only thing that spins is the rotor, I moved the points around as much as the slots would let me but still nothing. Went into the shop and pulled the HEI out of the other small block I had sitting but it looked like it would not go in since the motor sits so close to the firewall. Anyway, my buddy will be here Thursday to figure out what is wrong, he is a wizard when it comes to motors. I will stick with the sheet metal
Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote